There's a few extra things to consider first before making a solid recommendation, such as:
- Do you intend to race frequently?
- What distances do you intend to ride?
- How experienced are you as a rider?
- Do you have a preference for any particular brands?
- Does it need to be a new bike? Or would you also consider spending that amount on a used bike (or a new bike but non-current year model)?
Regardless, check out this article for a few recommendations to start with: Road Bikes: 6 best bets from $2,000 to $3,500